About the Event
The 4th International Off-Grid Lighting Conference and Exhibition is the premier event for the rapidly growing off-grid solar lighting and services industry. This year it will be co-organized by the Global Off-Grid Lighting Association (GOGLA) and the World Bank Group, in Dubai, UAE, on October 26-29, 2015.
Since the first conference took place in Accra, Ghana in 2008, this biennial event has grown exponentially, alongside the industry it supports. It is the only global event of its kind, bringing together lighting and solar kit manufacturers, component suppliers, importers, distributors, retailers, government representatives, donors, financiers, non-governmental organizations, and academics in a focused discussion about the state and future directions of the off-grid solar lighting and services market. Participants will engage in one-of-a-kind discussions and events, share their experiences in the market, explore new technologies, products and market trends and jointly shape the agenda of the industry by identifying how it can reach its full potential in a sustainable way. The event has also proven to be a catalyst for new partnerships and business ventures.
This year, the conference will also feature the release of the 4th Market Trends Report, the definitive biannual report tracking the progress and the trends of the global industry.
The event will:
· Showcase the latest developments in the dynamic off-grid and lighting industry.
· Enable networking and information exchange among participants.
· Provide Business-to-Business (B2B) linkages among manufacturers, suppliers, and financial service providers.
· Facilitate increased investor support for the growing industry.
· Highlight latest trends and developments in business and financing models.
· Address policy issues and facilitate a dialogue between policy makers and the industry.
The Four-Day Event seeks to attract more than 450 participants and 40 exhibitors. It consists of a two and a half day conference, three day concurrent exhibition, and topical side events on day four.