Energy access and renewable energy investor/adviser
Andrew Reicher, Energy access and renewable energy investor/adviser, with wide interests across business angel investment in early-stage African energy access and large scale renewable energy projects in Africa and Asia, with networks in business, finance, government and DFI circles.
Investment committee member of:
- Berkeley Energy’s Africa Renewable Energy Fund and Renewable Energy Asia Fund
- Energy Access Ventures Fund (sponsored by Schneider Electric)
- Catalyst Principal Partners, Kenya
From 1977 – 2011, career in investment banking, private equity investment and development finance:
- 2009 – 2011, headed PIDG secretariat, multi-donor organisation promoting private infrastructure investment in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia
- 1999 – 2009, Chief Investment Officer and Infrastructure Head, CDC/Actis (also CEO, Globeleq power company)
- Before CDC, from 1977 – 1999, Citibank/Citicorp, Botts & Co and Credit Suisse
Educated Cambridge University and University of Pennsylvania, in development economics.
Lives in London, married with four adult children. UK citizen.